Excise Tax Registration
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Tax
When to register for Excise Tax in the UAE
The Registration for Excise Tax in the UAE has started from 17th September 2017. All Taxable entities are entitled to register for Excise tax through the FTAs online portal. The Excise Tax Federal Decree-Law No. (7) of 2017 in the UAE shall be effective from 1st October 2017. Hence the registration has to be done on or before 30th September 2017.
Who should register for Excise Tax in the UAE
- The below-mentioned groups will now have to register for Excise Tax in the UAE
- Producers of Excise goods.
- Importers of Excise goods.
- Stock Suppliers of Excise goods.
- Warehouse keepers responsible for excise goods.
What are the information and documents to be given while registering for Excise Tax
- An applicant while registering for Excise Tax should provide following:
- Details of the applicant (name / legal type / other legal details)
- Contact Details
- Banking information
- Business Activity & related information
- Customs Registration details
- Businesses are required to have the legal documents relating to the Entity.
- Trade License
- Certificate of Incorporation (if you have)
- Articles of Association
- Partnership Agreement
- Document of Ownership
- Emirates ID etc
- Customs Registration Document or Customs Number
- Power of Attorney if applicable